Flipkart product returns process – How it works
This simple guide will help you understand how the Flipkart product returns process works, making your shopping and returns experience smooth and convenient
Online shopping is simple and quick. You might enjoy the comfort and convenience of buying your favorite products in a few clicks or taps. Sometimes, however, when your order arrives you may realize that the product isn’t exactly what you expected. It may not be of the right size or color, or in rare cases you might find that it is defective or damaged. What do you do now? This is where the Flipkart Product Returns process makes your life easier.
The Flipkart Product Return process explained
This handy reference guide helps you understand how the Flipkart product returns process works:
Here is how the Flipkart product returns process works:
- Log in to Flipkart and go to your Orders tab. Tap or click on Return to create a request
- Depending on the kind of product you wish to return, your return request may have to undergo a verification process
- Following verification, you will be required to confirm your decision based on the category of product ordered. Three options are available:
- Exchange: Your order will be exchanged for a new identical product of a different size or color
- Replace: The product in your order will be replaced with an identical product in case it is damaged (broken or spoiled) or defective (has a functional problem that causes it not to work) or is not as described
- Refund: If the product of your choice is unavailable in your preferred size or color or model, or if it is out of stock, you may decide that you want your money back. In this scenario, you may choose Refund to have your money returned to you (See Step 6)
- Keep ready all the requisite items necessary for a smooth returns process — including invoice, original packaging, price tags, freebies, accessories, etc.
- Pickup and Delivery of your order will be scheduled in case of exchanges and replacements
- Refund will be initiated and processed if applicable
- Your request will be fulfilled according to Flipkart’s return/replacement guarantee
How long does the Flipkart product returns process take?
As soon as you fill out the Returns form online, you will receive an email at your registered email address and an SMS on your registered mobile phone number. You can also track the process by visiting the My Account page on your laptop or smartphone by clicking on My Orders. If you’re going in for an exchange, your replacement product will be delivered to you at the same time as the pick-up in most cases. Remember to keep tracking your order.
Click here to know more about Flipkart product returns.
Product returns – common scenarios
When is your order eligible for product returns, exchange, replacement or refund?
Explore some of the scenarios to gain a better understanding so that you make an informed choice and experience peace of mind when you shop on Flipkart.
When your order is damaged, defective or tampered
First, check if there is any damage to the product that you ordered. Sometimes, the package may appear to be damaged due to shipping and handling but the product inside the packaging may be in good condition. However, if you notice that your package has been tampered with, or the product not sealed properly in its box, you may opt to raise a Return request. Click on the Orders tab in the Flipkart mobile app or desktop site to find the Return option. Opt for this and follow the next steps of the process. The Flipkart product returns team will take over from here.
Depending on the category of product ordered, you may opt for a Replacement or Refund.
Unexpected fit, color or style
Ordered a pair of running shoes and discovered that they don’t fit you? Don’t worry. Log into your Flipkart account, go to My Orders tab, click on Return and select the Replacement option. Your shoes will be picked up by our delivery personnel, and replaced with the same product of the correct size that you specified in the Replacement form.
Exchanges are an option when the product color does not match that of the product color shown on the website, or not the color that you had expected. All replacements are covered by Flipkart’s replacement guarantee. Ensure that you check the seller’s terms for replacement as well.
Product returns and replacement in case of Out of Stock products
Ordered a t-shirt and discovered that it does not fit? What if there is no replacement available in that size?
You can get a full refund for the t-shirt from the same My Orders tab. Just make sure that you check the seller’s return policy on the product page to be sure that you have this option right when you place your order.
But if you like the t-shirt so much that you’d like to keep an eye on when it comes back in stock, just click on the Notify Me feature. When your favorite tee is available with a seller on Flipkart, you will receive a notification so that you have another chance to buy exactly what you like.
You ordered one thing, but got something else
So, you ordered a Captain America mobile cover for your Moto G, but when the package arrived you got a gold iPhone cover. While this is not a common occurrence, such scenarios should be immediately alerted for Returns.
Once notified for return, our delivery personnel will collect the product delivered to you and provide you with a replacement of the exact product that you ordered. Remember to read the return policy on the page where your product is described.
All returns are covered by the Flipkart replacement guarantee.
If you want a refund
If you are unsatisfied with your replacement, or if the specific product or model that you want is out of stock, our customer support team may advise you to opt for a refund.
Choose the Request Return option after filling out the details from your My Orders page. Your refund will be processed after approval. Once your refund has been approved, your money will be credited back to you in one of three ways:
- As a credit in your Flipkart Wallet
- As an NEFT transfer if you paid via cash-on-delivery
- As a refund via the same source that you used to pay for the order (called Back to Source, this method is available for all sellers). For example, this means that if you paid via your HDFC Debit card, your refund will be credited to the same account.
A product bought from Flipkart is not functional during its warranty period
The Flipkart replacement guarantee stands applicable during the specified period, depending on the seller’s return policy and the product category. It is important to first check the Replacement Guarantee period on the product page and then ask for a ‘Return’.
If, for some reason, you discovered that the product you ordered has some malfunction or is not working past this guarantee period, get in touch with the authorized service center of the brand in your city, just as you would with any product that you might purchase at an offline retailer.
We hope that reading this article has made you feel more at ease about product returns on Flipkart. If you have further queries, we encourage you to carefully read the complete FAQ on Flipkart product returns and exchanges.
Still have questions? Leave a comment or tweet to @flipkartsupport
Infographic by Sadhna Prasad | Flipkart Stories