Want to buy a new phone this festive season, but worried about what to do with your old phone? Or maybe you want to just upgrade to your dream smartphone but you want it for a better price? Flipkart’s Mobiles Exchange program makes it super-easy.
Through the festive season, you will not only get great discounts on India’s best-selling smartphones, you will also get the best exchange value on your old smartphones! Read about how Flipkart’s Mobile Exchange program makes buying your dream phone simpler and more affordable.
Benefits of Flipkart’s Mobile Exchange Program:
- Instant discount on your current purchase
- Hassle-free doorstep pickup
- Best Value Guaranteed
Through Flipkart’s Mobiles Exchange program, you can upgrade to your next mobile phone with better specifications at a much lower price.
All about the Mobile Exchange Program
Exchange phones in any working condition:
Flipkart will accept phones in any working condition. This means you can even exchange phones with broken screens or other body damage. There is just one criteria that you need to follow — the mobile phone you want to exchange should be in working condition.
Exchange any make or model or smartphone:
Flipkart will also accept old smartphones that other platforms don’t. If you don’t find your old smartphone on Flipkart’s phone exchange list, simply choose the ‘any other smartphone’ option. With this option, you can get a minimum ₹1,000 off on your current purchase if the smartphone is in good condition. If the screen is broken, the minimum exchange price would be ₹750.
Exchange value will be based on condition of the phone:
Previously, Flipkart used to offer a flat discount value on an old phone based on the brand and model, provided it met a minimum threshold of quality during the doorstep check. Now, you can get differential value based on the condition of your phone. In this case, trained Flipkart delivery executives will arrive at your doorstep and grade the phones on different quality levels, in addition to routine IMEI checks.
Exchange your old feature phone for a new smartphone!
During The Big Billion Days 2020, you can avail benefits of the first-ever Feature Phone Exchange Program – an initiative that’s available only on Flipkart. Got an old feature phone you want to get off your hands? Go ahead and exchange it on Flipkart for a brand-new smartphone and get a minimum of ₹750 off on your purchase!
Here’s how you can exchange your mobile phone on Flipkart
- Select the smartphone you want to buy on your Flipkart app. Click on ‘Product Exchange’ below the offers section.
- You will be prompted to enter the details of your old phone
a) Click on Select Brand and pick the brand of the phone you want to exchange
b) Select the model of the phone you want to exchange
c) Enter the IMEI number of your old device
- If you don’t see your brand or model on the list, simply select ‘Any other smartphone’ and follow the same steps as above.
- In case of feature phone, select ‘Any feature phone’ in Brand & ‘Any other’, ‘Nokia’ or ‘Samsung’ in model.
- Once you enter the details, you’ll see the exchange value of your old phone on the screen.
- If there is any additional exchange Bump Up offer for the new phone, that is also accounted for in the discounted amount shown on your screen.
- This amount is deducted from the original price of the new phone.
- Complete the purchase of your new phone at the discounted price.
Once you place your order via the exchange option, at the time of delivery of the new phone, a trained Flipkart executive will verify the IMEI number, screen and overall condition of the phone that you are exchanging. Based on the old phone meeting the condition criteria, the Flipkart executive will Grade the Phone.
If your old phone meets all the condition criteria, the delivery executive will pick up the old phone and deliver the new phone at the same time. If, in case, your phone does not meet all required criteria, the value of your old phone will decrease.
Here’s what you can do if your phone does not meet all the exchange requirements:
- You can go ahead with the purchase with the new exchange value as per the grading:
You can still exchange your phone by paying the difference amount between the old exchange value (deducted from the new phone price) and the new price shared by the delivery agent after grading. Once the payment is done, the delivery executive will pick up your old phone and deliver your new phone on the spot.
- You can buy your new phone without the exchange value discount
If you do not agree with the exchange value during grading, but still want to buy the new phone, you can do so by just paying the exchange amount that was deducted from the price of your new phone.
- You can reject the order
If you don’t wish to go ahead with the purchase, you can inform the delivery executive and the order will be deemed cancelled. The amount paid for the phone will be refunded to your account as per Flipkart’s cancellation policy.
Why exchange on Flipkart?
- The exchange value is the best on older phones across platforms.
- You have the option to exchange any smartphone, as long as it is in a working condition and get a differential value based on phone condition. The better the condition, the better the exchange value!
- You can even exchange phones even with broken screens, scratches on screen/body, etc.
- For the first time ever, you can exchange your old feature phone and get yourself a brand-new smartphone!