As the country continues to battle the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, employees across the Flipkart Group have been working to keep supply lines open to ensure that Indian consumers have safe and timely access to essential daily necessities. Some, in addition to this, have also been volunteering their time to help colleagues and fellow Indians in their time of need. All the while, many have been battling crises of their own.
We are incredibly proud of our employees, and in these challenging times, we have been prioritizing their health and safety.
From vaccination drives to healthcare initiatives, physical and mental health check-ins to financial aid amid emergencies, our aim has been to solve for our employees’ current needs with urgency and empathy.
Take a look at the many employee-first initiatives in place across the Flipkart Group.
VACCINATIONS & HEALTHCARE INITIATIVES
On May 12, 2021, a Vaccination Drive commenced for Flipkart and Myntra’s frontline employees in Bengaluru, with more to follow for the rest of the workforce. Flipkart has partnered with hospitals to facilitate Vaccination Camps at its offices in Bengaluru, NCR, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Chennai.
Flipkart and Myntra are covering 100% of vaccination cost for all its employees, including 5 dependents each and appointments can be made conveniently through the in-house COVID-19 CARE vaccination scheduling tool.
Meanwhile, to ensure proper care in case of a medical emergency, employees and their dependents needing medical care are covered under an insurance program for hospitalisation expenses and home treatment.
Flipkart and Myntra are also working closely with partners to offer support in finding hospital beds, arranging doctor teleconsultations, facilitating COVID-19 tests, identifying suitable quarantine facilities, arranging isolation facilities in hotels through hospital partnerships and providing medical supplies. This covers all corporate and supply chain employees.
In addition, employees are offered a basic health kit, which includes a pulse oximeter, spirometer/respirometer and thermometer.
INSURANCE AND EMERGENCY FINANCE ASSISTANCE
While keeping supply lines open to ensure that Indian consumers have access to essential daily necessities, Walmart and the Flipkart Group are also taking important steps to help protect public health and the safety of associates and partners.
In the event of an employee or their dependents needing medical care due to being adversely affected by the pandemic, Flipkart and Myntra employees are covered under an insurance program for hospitalisation expenses and home treatment too.
Medical Insurance and personal accident cover has been provided to our delivery executives, while our kirana partners are covered under a COVID-19 insurance program.
EMPLOYEE AND EMPATHY FIRST
Flipkart’s corporate employees will continue to work from home tentatively until August 1, 2021, and Myntra employees will continue to work from home until September 30, 2021.
Several measures have been undertaken to support employees with the right tools and resources needed to stay safe, productive and inspired during this period:
- Flipkart introduced the COVID Care Leaves policy, where an employee can take up to 28 calendar days of paid leave for self-care and healing. Another policy under Time Away From Work enables employees to seek bereavement leave.
- Myntra employees can avail unlimited Wellness Leaves, and up to 2 weeks of Care Leaves to take care of an ailing family member or themselves. This is also encouraged to be taken when employees just want to take some time off to focus on their wellbeing. Since the onset of the pandemic, Myntra employees are encouraged to take Refresh Leaves, combined with weekends, giving them more time to spend with their families.
- Flipkart and Myntra employees can seek an advance on their salaries to address medical emergencies or any unexpected expenses on an urgent basis.
- The Family Assistance Programme, made available at no charge, is a personal support service which addresses a range of personal and professional needs.
- A Flipkart COVID Task Force Team has been set up to help colleagues and families with leads for emergency medical support and supplies.
- A 24×7 helpline has been established to strengthen coordination and effectiveness. This team is at the center of organizing and facilitating help for Myntra employees and their families in need.
PRIORITIZING MENTAL & PHYSICAL HEALTH
The Flipkart Group encourages regular communication between leaders and their teams, to understand their day-to-day experiences and address any apprehensions they might have.
In addition, the company has organized numerous webinars on topics such as self-care, meditation, workplace ergonomics, and ways to manage stress and anxiety, to help not only employees but also their families to boost their mental wellness.
FOSTERING AN ECOSYSTEM OF GIVING
Across the country, friends, families and strangers are lending a helping hand to fight the pandemic together. At the Flipkart Group, initiatives such as voluntary plasma and blood donation drives have seen several employees sign up to help those around them.
In partnership with GiveIndia, Flipkart and Myntra are facilitating donations while millions of customers have been donating their Flipkart SuperCoins points on the app, enabling donations of PPE kits, oxygen cylinders, arrangement of ambulance services, etc.
Since the start of the pandemic, Walmart, Flipkart and the Walmart Foundation have contributed financial and in-kind support, which includes oxygen tanks and concentrators, critical healthcare supplies, masks and ventilators, among other contributions.
As we navigate the complexities of the second wave, we will continue to do everything we can to ensure the safety of our employees and maintain strong channels for them to turn to when needed.
At the Flipkart Group, employees are encouraged to put their health and well-being first, pause to take care of themselves, their families and loved ones, lend a helping hand, and find time to do things that bring them joy in tough times.