For a long time, e-commerce was all about buying a product online. The relationship between e-tailer and customer would end with the delivery of the product. In 2014, Flipkart sought to change this with the acquisition of Jeeves, a seasoned player in the after-sales service and installation business. In 2017, Flipkart acquired F1 Info Solutions, one of India’s largest electronics service providers that specialized chiefly in repair and refurbishment of mobile phones. In the years since, this dynamic duo has expanded the definition of customer service and opened up a whole new market for Flipkart to tap through 2GUD.com, India’s first-ever independent platform for refurbished goods. Read about how Jeeves and F1 are redefining the reverse supply chain in India’s vibrant e-commerce landscape
What does it take to motivate employees to tackle everyday challenges at work? What keeps them driven to achieve their goals? Much like the Oscars motivate actors to deliver their best performances, Flipkart’s WOW Awards go far in keeping Flipsters at the top of their game. Read on to discover what it takes for Flipsters to win these coveted awards.
* 2GUD is Flipkart’s first foray into the refurbished goods market, which is expected to be a $20 billion market in 5-6 years * 2GUD, an independent marketplace, will feature refurbished smartphones, laptops and accessories initially; extending to several other categories including appliances * All products featured on 2GUD will be thoroughly tested and certified with warranty, to solve for the problem of trust in the refurbished goods market
There’s no better feeling than getting more than your money’s worth. So make sure you’ve saved room for a lot extra. On Independence Day, reward yourself with a slew of benefits as Flipkart launches Flipkart Plus, a one-of-a-kind no-fee customer benefits program with a wide range of benefits and rewards. And absolutely no strings attached.
* Significant opportunity to partner with local leader in a large, fast-growing market
* Flipkart’s strong leadership team will be supported by Walmart, Tencent, Tiger Global and Microsoft
* Underscores long-term commitment to India, where Walmart looks to serve customers, support job creation, small businesses, farmers and women entrepreneurs
* Walmart supports Flipkart’s ambition to transition into a publicly-listed, majority-owned subsidiary in the future
In the unique Sanskrit-speaking villages of Mattur and Hosahalli on the banks of river Tunga in Karnataka, Vedic chants resonate from the tile-roofed homes and schools. But it's the new languages of technology and e-commerce that bridge the past with the future, and weaves these sleepy towns into the expanding map of Digital India
The e-commerce marketplace in India is dominated by innovations that Flipkart has pioneered. This is the story of the key steps that India’s online shopping powerhouse has taken to build a vibrant ecosystem of sellers and customers
The map of Digital India is ever expanding to accommodate the spread of e-commerce, but not without its share of growth pangs. In Asansol, West Bengal’s second-largest city, suburban customers find unique solutions to overcome last-mile delivery hurdles