Update: April 9, 2020
Flipkart SmartBuy has launched hand sanitizers and surgical masks to support the country’s efforts to control the COVID-19 outbreak. In line with the government’s directive, the sanitizers will be available at Rs. 250 for a 500ml bottle and the surgical masks (3 ply meltblown face masks) will be available at a starting price of Rs. 240 for a pack of 15. These medically certified products will be made available under the Health+ range of the brand. The Flipkart SmartBuy Health+ Hand sanitizer and Flipkart SmartBuy Surgical masks will be available on Flipkart’s platform under the Personal Care category in essentials.
#News: @Flipkart #SmartBuy launches hand sanitizers & surgical masks to support the country’s efforts to control #COVID19 outbreak. Medically certified products, priced as per government directives, will be available under the brand's Health+ range
More: https://t.co/zV6nF2wue8 pic.twitter.com/q7o092MjaS
— FlipkartStories (@FlipkartStories) April 9, 2020
Update: April 6, 2020
Flipkart has announced a partnership with Uber to provide people across Bengaluru, Mumbai and Delhi access to everyday essentials, amidst the ongoing national lockdown. This partnership will keep vital supply chains running and will address the growing needs of Flipkart customers to receive essential goods at their doorsteps every day. It will also support the government’s objective of keeping hundreds of millions of Indians at home to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Stay home and limit the spread.
Read more on Flipkart Newsroom: https://t.co/e1rmYA5MJA
— FlipkartStories (@FlipkartStories) April 6, 2020
Update: March 25, 2020, 7:45 pm IST
“Prime Minister Modi and the state government have taken strong, quick and decisive action to prevent the spread of the outbreak of COVID-19, and we are deeply appreciative of the measures taken to ensure that people stay at home to break the chain.
We are very grateful for the clarification provided by the government and local state authorities on the functioning of e-commerce as ‘essential service’ during the lockdown, and of them taking cognizance of the role we can play to ensure that people’s needs are met during this time, as India fights this unprecedented challenge.
We have been assured of the safe and smooth passage of our supply chain and delivery executives by local law enforcement authorities and are resuming our grocery and essentials services later today.
We continue to strengthen our supply chain in a safe and secure manner for our employees and consumers alike, and will leverage our efficient and robust delivery network to make products available to customers across the country and support the nation in this time of crisis through sanitized & safe supply chain.”
– Kalyan Krishnamurthy, CEO – Flipkart Group
We are grateful for the clarification provided by the government and local state authorities on the functioning of e-commerce during the lockdown. We are resuming our grocery services today.
India, we are committed to serving you at this time 🙏 Thank you for your trust
— Kalyan Krishnamurthy (@_Kalyan_K) March 25, 2020
Consequent to the government order issued on March 24 by the Ministry of Home Affairs announcing a 21-day lockdown across India to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19, Flipkart has temporarily suspended orders as we assess the possibilities of operating in the lockdown.
We are prioritising the safety of our delivery executives and seeking the support of the local governments and police authorities to meet the needs of our customers as they stay home during this lockdown.
We urge you to stay at home to be safe.
Update: March 18, 2020
As the Flipkart Group steps up its business continuity planning, Amitesh Jha, Senior Vice President – eKart & Marketplace, answers questions on preparedness and safety measures across the supply chain.
Update: March 17, 2020
In continuation of our preparedness, we have stepped up preventive action in the wake of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and the advisory on social distancing issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Sanitized Facilities: Our company facilities and warehouses are being sanitized and deep-cleaned at regular intervals
- Assured Hand Hygiene: All our warehouse and delivery partners are adhering to the World Health Organization’s hygiene advisory during deliveries
- Monitoring Health Hygiene: We are constantly monitoring the health of our employees and delivery associates as per WHO guidelines
Supply Chain and Logistics
- For our supply chain and logistics network, we have organized more than 3,000 awareness sessions covering over 100k employees across all our facilities on how our employees and partners can minimize their exposure by following simple precautionary measures
- We are providing all our wishmasters with alcohol-based sanitizer solutions and other required equipment to use while they are on the go, and are keeping track of impacted areas to minimize their exposure
- Wishmasters who are unwell are being advised to rest with all assurance of medical support and we are giving our full time contractors and wishmasters paid leave when needed
Update: March 13, 2020
In light of the current updates on the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and keeping in mind the well-being of our employees, we have decided to extend work from home for our employees till the end of next week (March 20, 2020). Our trial to check our system preparedness has given us the confidence that our teams will be able to meet their commitments to our customers and sellers.
Our supply chain and last mile delivery operations will continue to take necessary precautions while meeting our commitment to customers. We are providing our wishmasters with sanitizers and other required equipment to use while they are on the go, and are keeping track of impacted areas to minimize their exposure.
Update: March 11, 2020
Across the Flipkart Group, we are focused on prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, wishmasters, customers and sellers. We are continuously monitoring the situation and are communicating with our stakeholders. As an additional precautionary measure, over March 11-13, 2020, employees at Flipkart and Myntra are working from home to check the system preparedness for working remotely using digital/video tools.
- In light of primary schools in Bengaluru declaring holidays on the directive of the government, we are encouraging parents with young children to work remotely to balance their commitments. We are promoting the use of video conferences for meetings, including job interviews, and are temporarily avoiding events and training programs that require large gatherings as a precautionary measure.
- The company’s facilities are being sanitized and deep-cleaned at regular intervals as per standard norms for such situations, and we are encouraging good hygiene outlined by health advisories issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
- Specifically, for our supply chain and logistics network, we have organized awareness sessions across all our facilities on how our employees and partners can minimize their exposure by following simple precautionary measures.
- We are providing all our wishmasters sanitizers and other required equipment to use while they are on the go, and are keeping track of impacted areas to minimize their exposure. Wishmasters who are unwell are being advised to rest with all assurance of medical support.
- We remain committed to leveraging the power of e-commerce and continue to serve communities across India in this time of need.
Update: March 6, 2020
Health and well-being come first. Amid rising concerns around Coronavirus and COVID-19, that’s the message the Flipkart Group has underscored in our communication to employees in our offices and across our pan-India supply chain, as well as our marketplace sellers and MSME partners across the Flipkart ecosystem. We appreciate the steadfast commitment of our supply chain employees and wishmasters for sparing no effort to ensure that consumers continue to get their orders, particularly essential products, in time. We remain committed to leveraging the power of e-commerce and continue to serve consumers across India in this time of need. We thank you, our customers, for your patience and understanding, and for your continued trust and faith in Flipkart.
Measures in place for employees and supply chain staff
- We are continuously monitoring the situation and have issued an advisory to our employees across all our establishments
- We have also issued guidelines and measures to be undertaken by employees and their families, keeping their safety in mind
- All domestic and international business travel have been suspended with immediate effect
- In our supply chain and logistics network, we have organized awareness sessions across all our facilities on how our employees and partners can minimize their exposure by following simple precautionary measures and good hygiene practices in line with the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health, Government of India
- We are promoting the use of video conferences for meetings, including job interviews, and are temporarily avoiding events and training programs that require large gatherings as a precautionary measure
- We are encouraging employees/staff who are unwell to not report to work and also providing our teams with all required material, including sanitizers as they interact with customers across the country
- We are working closely with our marketplace partners to ensure adequate availability of consumer sanitary products like hand sanitizers, gloves and masks
- Flipkart Travel, through our partner ixigo, is offering full refund (including convenience fee) on cancellation and rescheduling of air tickets booked on Flipkart Travel. This is applicable on travel to selected countries up to March 31, 2020
- We are aware of the possibility of surging prices of some products on the Flipkart marketplace. While we do not control prices of products on the Flipkart marketplace platform, we are working closely with our sellers to urge responsible pricing and behavior. Products with fake claims and inflated prices are being removed on an ongoing basis.
- Certain products may be out of stock on Flipkart due to high customer demand. We are working with our sellers to replenish products and encouraging them to be fair in the prices they are proposing.
For marketplace sellers
We value the health and safety of our marketplace sellers as well as MSMEs and their employees and partners.
- The Flipkart Seller Hub is continuously in touch with Flipkart sellers to promote preventive healthcare and hygiene. Our team has communicated necessary precautions in order to ensure the health and safety of our marketplace sellers and their staff amid concerns over public health during the recent global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Our marketplace team has appealed to the seller community to ensure that products like masks, sanitizers, antiseptic liquids and handwash are made available to our customers at all times at the best possible prices. They have been advised to dispatch these products on priority.
- To ensure faster delivery, sellers have been advised to inward these products to smart warehouses and Flipkart warehouses.