Devdutt Pattanaik, India’s favorite mythologist and author, is back! This time, with Shyam – The illustrated retelling of the Bhagavata. In his new book, Devdutt puts together all of the stories of Lord Krishna that we’ve heard in bits and fragments.
Devdutt Pattanaik, on Twitter as @devduttmyth, will field questions about his new book from readers in a real-time Twitter chat with @FlipkartStories.. The tweetchat will take place in real time on July 18, 2018 from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm IST at the hashtag #AnEveningWithShyam.
Check out the image below to find the winning handles behind the best questions:
Check out the image below to find the winning handles behind the best answers for the bonus questions asked:
NOTE: THIS EVENT IS IN THE PAST. MISSED THE TWEETCHAT? HERE’S THE COMPLETE ARCHIVE
In order to manage the quality of the conversation and ensure a smooth chat, @FlipkartStories has screened and pre-selected audience questions to tweet them live during the chat. You are welcome to ask Devdutt Pattanaik your questions, but please ensure that you use the hashtag #AnEveningWithShyam. Please note that your questions will not be eligible for prizes. However, you may still win prizes if you answer the bonus questions!
NOTE: All questions should focus on the author’s new book, Shyam. Off-topic questions will not be accepted.
Contest and Prizes
- The 3 best questions from readers will be selected to win Flipkart electronic gift vouchers (EGVs) worth ₹500 each
- In addition, we will present 3 bonus questions to the audience during the tweetchat. The best 3 answers will be selected to win Flipkart electronic gift vouchers (EGVs) worth ₹500 each
This tweetchat is hosted by the @FlipkartStories account. You can follow the tweetchat in real time on this page, or on Twitter at the hashtag #AnEveningWithShyam. To participate in the tweetchat, you are required to have a Twitter account, which you can get for free by registering on Twitter.
Rules and FAQ
- To participate in the #AnEveningWithShyam tweetchat, or just listen in, login to your Twitter account and follow the hashtag #AnEveningWithShyam. If you are already logged into Twitter, you can participate in the chat from the Twitter chat window right here at the top of this page, or from a desktop or mobile device.
- The #AnEveningWithShyam tweetchat with Devdutt Pattanaik begins at 3 pm IST on Wednesday, July 18, 2018. The chat takes place in real-time and will continue until 4 PM IST.
- To participate in the tweetchat, please use the hashtag #AnEveningWithShyam
- Pre-selected audience questions will be posted by the @FlipkartStories Twitter account and tagged with the participant’s Twitter ID during the live tweetchat.
- Panelist Devdutt Pattanaik (@devduttmyth) will answer the selected questions. The tweetchat will be moderated by @FlipkartStories
- The best 3 audience questions selected by the panelists will be awarded ₹500 each in Flipkart Electronic Gift Vouchers (EGVs). The decision of @FlipkartStories is final in this regard.
- Only pre-selected questions are eligible to receive a Flipkart EGV giveaway.
- You may also ask questions during the live tweetchat. Live questions may or may not be answered at the discretion of the panelist. It is important to tweet with the hashtag #AnEveningWithShyam
- During the tweetchat, @devduttmyth will ask 3 live audience questions from the @FlipkartStories account. To respond to a question, please reply to the tweet with the prefix A(x) and the hashtag #AnEveningWithShyam. E.g. To question Q1, please prefix your reply with #AnEveningWithShyam A1, followed by your answer.
- The best 3 audience answers will be selected by @FlipkartStories to be awarded Flipkart Electronic Gift Vouchers (EGVs) worth ₹500 each. The decision of the panelist and @FlipkartStories is final in this regard.
- Visit this page at 3 pm on July 18, 2018 to participate live in the tweetchat.
- You may also participate by logging into your Twitter account on your desktop or mobile device and searching for hashtag #AnEveningWithShyam.
- The winners of the contest, i.e. the contestants who asked the best 3 questions and the best 3 answers will be announced on this page and on the @FlipkartStories Twitter account within 24 hours after the closure of the tweetchat.
- Winners will be contacted over email and/or Twitter by the Flipkart Stories team and their identities shall be verified before prizes are awarded.
- Prizes will be awarded within 30 days of verification.
Also read: What can kids learn from Indian epics?